End of the year dinner w/ “The Crew”

I was invited to the employee end of the year party/dinner. Christian the boss boss told me that all the guys at Gruener were saying "Tyler has to be there" which I mean really I can't even express in words what that means to me. These guys have allowed me to really have the semester I wanted while I was here in Austria. They have quickly become family to me and I have learned more than they know from them.

Check out pictures here

IMG_2579

I have learned from all and especially Benni (we called each other Crockett and Tubbs from Miami Vice)

1. If you are having fun, even behind the bar, the people will have fun.

2. Relax but make sure you’re keeping your eye on things. For me this was collecting glasses periodically, making sure bar surfaces were clean, running the dish washer, refilling straws, and serving drinks.

3. I learned most of the typical drinks ordered at Pavi and the hand signals that go with it.

4. Benni: Taught me that even when being the boss you can still have fun and be friends with your staff.

5. Benni: The importance of paying those even if they don’t ask for money. “You work for me, you get paid” that is the way it works no questions. Always pay people for their time and their work. And in turn people are more motivated to work for you. Especially when you are allowing them to have the time of their lives when otherwise they wouldn’t be able to afford it.

6. When you’re family your family. There are moments when Hugo, Sebe, Philip, Benni all advised me as if I was their brother. When Brandon Moseley came to visit they took him and showed him the greatest night we had while in Austria. I told them I really wanted to show my friend a good time and they took the invitation with open arms. Those moments I will never forget and those are the reasons I will return to Austria even if solely to visit these guys. These guys really helped me make this semester what I dreamed it would be.

These are just a few pictures…the pictures can not even begin to express how much I appreciate everything they have done for me and the times we’ve had together so far.

 

IMG_0720 IMG_2482 IMG_2594 IMG_0821

IMG_2453 IMG_2055 IMG_2072

Comments

Popular Posts