Summer and Metro SmarTrip with Northrop Grumman

Now that summer has started I hope to keep this blog up more. I'm working right now at Northrop Grumman IT headquarters in McLean. Work was definitely a challenge my first week back. Coming from college, the never consistent sleep schedule made the overly joyous job of stuffing envelopes almost too much fun. Luckily, I was able to have my laptop while I was in one of the back offices and was allowed to watch DVDs or shows. I had TopGear episodes on my laptop which made stuffing envelopes actually not so bad. It's not that it's hard work, stuffing envelopes, but the fact that you're sitting right after you've woken up in the morning, doing something monotonous, and in air conditioning. All of these things put me to sleep, especially AC.


But after the first week I've been up in the front section of the office helping the supervisors out. These people are absolutely amazing and I've definitely learned a lot from them. The two supervisors are responsible for the floor of customer service representatives and any questions they may have, which are a lot. You've got all sorts of different incidents and exceptions to the rules that must be taken into the account. But no matter how many times I or another staff member as them about the something for the 1000th time both of the ladies are always more than willing to help. They are "real" in the true sense of the word. They don't play fake or put on the fake smile for ya. If the people didn't work there that did...this job (and it is a job ...stuffing envelopes or scanning cards) would be borderline unbearable lol. So thank the Lord for those that I work with!

I will be sure to write more later.

Comments

Popular Posts