Dinner with Clemens

IMG_2073 My friend Clemens (the second guy from the right), who I’ve gotten to know by working at Gruener Pavilion, showed me a special Vorarlberg dish. It was a extremely heavy meal …but soooooo good. Here’s what we had:

1. Käse Knöpfle “Großmuttersart” – Großmuttersart means grandmothers art (as in a home made dish made by grandma herself).
2. Salat mit Kartoffeln (salad with potatoes) – no picture …sorry :(
3. To wash it all down…a shot of Williams Bierne (Williams Pear Brandy). The pear is actually grown in the glass! Extremely good brandy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Im a homeschool student and have been searching VERY long for a recipe for kase knopfle for an assignment. I was wondering if you could post the recipe for it?

Thank You,
Sadie Fox
Tyler tc. said…
Sadie,

I will definitely e-mail them and see what I can get for you as far as a real homemade recipe! Give me a day or two...I apologize for just now seeing this comment. I haven't updated my blog in a while and haven't been checking it as often as a result.
Tyler tc. said…
Sadie,

Below you can find a link to the post if you're following the comments on this blog.

http://tyler-tc.blogspot.com/2010/11/austrian-kaseknopfle.html

Popular Posts