Random Update

So talking with my friend from Spain today (Inigo) got me thinking about updating some of the blog. I haven’t written here in a while because honestly I don’t think that what I do here in the States is nearly as excited lol as that in Austria. But, I’m sure there are some in Austria that are going to want to read about some of the stuff that goes on here and what I’m up to. There’s been a lot since I’ve gotten back to the states. I’ve lived in D.C. for a while but then moved back to Springfield. I’ve been working with my Aunt on finances so that I’m prepared for the real world and helping out around the house.

The latest adventures have been copying old family VHS tapes over to DVD. It’s something my mother has wanted to do for some time now but wasn’t sure how to go about. So she went out and got a VHS to DVD recorder and it’s been fun memories since then. We can’t help but sit and laugh and reminisce about old memories. It’s been so long since I’ve heard my fathers voice that it’s a nice reminder of what he was like. My father used to love recording us as kids, as I’m sure many parents do. And all parents have their own quirks. My father lol has a recorded movie of my sister trying to roll over and make a sound for at least 2 hours. Not once did he get bored! We definitely were after watching some of it and just let the recording finish haha. We’ve got tapes of my 3rd grade Wizard of Oz performance as the Scarecrow. Yes I had to memorize all the lines from the entire movie plus my mother made a complete outfit that was actually pretty damn good! There are so many memories in those tapes that I’m glad we’re converting them. Things we’ve forgotten and are now reminded of.

On a sadder note my grandmother Beulah Cookson of 98 years just passed away. We went out to Missouri for the funeral and for the viewing about 2 weeks ago. I believe we had been back since my father past away about 10 years ago but I can’t quite remember. 10 years….wow..it just hit me how long that is. People were excited to see us and we were excited to see them for the most part. I say for the most part because so many of the relatives down there remember us when we were too little to remember them. So we’d get a lot of the, “Oh do you remember us?? You probably don’t be we are such and such and remember when you were yay high.” Lol. I have memories of my grandmother but they were from when I was so young I don’t have much to recount on. But what I can say that it was very nice to see everyone again and visit with family in general. Especially since we got to stay with Aunt Linda and Larry along with Scott Anthony and his family down in Advance. We stayed with Scott while we were down near Puxico, MO. Then we headed back up to St. Louis on Wednesday and spent the night at my Aunt and Uncle's house right outside of St. Louis. It was a great time seeing everyone especially Mandy and Todd and their little one Skylar. She’s absolutely adorable!

Browse through the album below.

 

Comments

Popular Posts