Shooting Range

Thanks to my good friend Ryan Blair I’ve been to the shooting range twice within the last 2 weeks or so. Today we took my sister and her boyfriend Fernando. Ryan just finished his service in the Marines and while in the Marines was on their competition shooting team. Ryan is always quick to pick up on things and excel at them. This goes for shooting and not only that but training as well. I know what it’s like to be able to share something with your friends and really have them take a liking to it (as some of my friends would say). Here are some photos from today. There’s nothing like it.

The image below is of my sister Larissa being trained on the .22 caliber pistol. Ryan was definitely spoiled while being on the competition squad for the Marines with pistols with custom grips, sights, triggers, trigger pull lengths, barrels, and just about anything you can imagine needed to compete at a competition level. Not to mention your own personal armorers to clean, condition, and make any and all necessary adjustments. The Marines definitely take care of their marksmen as you’ve got to be selected to be on this team. I’ll have to get more details from him, but the target you see here might be 7 yards away lol.

We shot .22 cal, 9mm, and .45 ACP rounds today while at the range. It gave Riss and Fern (and myself) a good feel for the difference between all the types. I’ve shot .22 back when I was a lot younger out on the farm with my father, but it’s been YEARS since. I had never shot .9mm until today and just last week hadn’t shot .45 until I went with Ryan.

Thanks again Rio.

Click on the picture below to go to the album.

Comments

Popular Posts