Op. Mangement test & the rest of my day

Alright so finals are coming up. I've only got one more week of classes then a week of finals. Luckily, I don't have finals in two of my classes, so that should ease the stress just a little lol.

As of right now my brain is fried. I had a 50 question test this morning in my operations management class 20 T/F and then 30 Multiple Choice. This was on a chapter that we reviewed a little in class but mostly had to read out of the book and PowerPoint slides. Most of the students had no clue what to study. I decided to be smart and look at the chapter objectives, copy those down in a word file (using Google Documents) and then proceed to answer them. I had most of this done but didn't even realize that we had a PowerPoint, that basically summarized all of this stuff, until last night when one of my friends told me. So we all got together and worked on defining terms, talking things out, and studying. This worked well for our other test that we had so we tried it again. It wasn't nearly as easy since the most instruction we had was pretty much know all of Chapter 11 (which is definitely not a short chapter) on Supply Chain Management.

The good thing is I find this stuff interesting, like most of the guys I was working with. We were just a little confused on what exactly it was that he wanted us to focus on, since we didn't have a whole lot to go on. So all in all, I called it a night at like 1:30am because the class is at 8:30am and there's no way I'm going to make it if I stayed up any longer. Not to mention the amount of info your brain can take in after 12am drops significantly.

So to make things better, we were looking at the syllabus last night as well for the class, and one of my friends finds something a little disturbing in there lol. There's a minimum of 5 library assignments that are suppose to be written up by Dec 7th. Hmmmm... seeing as it's Dec 4th right now that could be a bit of a problem. The professor mentioned it once during the very beginning of the semester but hadn't mentioned it since then. Towards the end of the semester things have kind of gotten a little tight as far as time lines go for assignments and our minds have been focused on getting the current work done.

SO, now I have a quiz this coming Tuesday + the library assignments due on Dec 9th (he changed the date for us).

I'm just glad we brought it up and e-mailed him as soon as we saw that. When he talked about it today in class everyone almost had a heart attack. It seems like we weren't the only ones that had completely forgotten about it.

Cool, no stress right?

Beyond this test this morning I had another test in my Principals of Science class. My brain was already fried and it definitely didn't help my test score (85%..when I usually get 93%+). But I got through it and am moving on.

To-Do: 12/4/08
  • Finish grades for my students (done)
  • Study for Computer Science - Networking class (routing algorithms)*
  • Review material for my accounting class*
  • Type up my weekly reflection
Alright, well I'm off. PEACE.

Comments

Popular Posts