World of Warcraft (WoW)


What is it about this game that's so attractive? Huge tracks of land (Monty Python and the Holy Grail quote), 11+ million players, friends, family, all play the game. I started playing my sophomore year of college actually. I lived in a townhouse here on campus and out of the 6 of us 4 played the game. I got into it because these guys were actually pretty cool people. Actually went outside, could hold normal real life conversations, and did other things beyond gaming. And while I have no quams about admitting I'm a huge dork, it was nice to have the housemates playing as well. Currently I'm on Laughing Skull as an Undead level 54 Mage.

The thing that amazes me about this game is that I will be talking to people online and it will be someone's mom playing their sons character. Like it's a family event. People from all different age groups and backgrounds play this game. I think that is pretty cool to be honest. My family and gaming is very different. I'm definitely the computer person / guru in my family. I remember being hooked on Diablo II: Lord of Destruction when I was younger. All my friends used to make fun of me for it and my mother and sister both developed a hatred for the game. So, ever since then it's been a little hard to persuade them to think anything gaming wise is cool. But none the less, I've started playing again. I stopped for a year. I'm now looking forward to Diablo 3! My mom and my sister are already like ...omg please no, haha. I say bring it on!

Comments

Popular Posts