Random Stuff – Computer upgrades / wish lists

If you haven’t heard of the browser Chrome yet, you should definitely check it out. It’s been my default now for some time now. I love it because it’s smooth, it works, and its damn fast. I can load two browser windows of Chrome before I can load one of Firefox (with out add-on’s).

So much stuff on my “Must be a consumer” list. I was talking with my friend just this morning and making a list of the things I want. First and foremost on that list when I get home is to have some home made food, naturally. Second is to drop some money on new tires for the car. Third …well, update the PC at home. It works right now but it is way slow for my needs / and the way I use things. My mind is usually going a mile a minute and the computer travels at about a few feet a minute…on a good day. The processor, ram, and mobo are about 4.5 years old. The case I’ll keep but the hard drives, processor (proc for short), and motherboard (mobo) are on my list to replace. Even the most basic of processors at the moment will be faster than mine and will allow me to multitask and be random to a greater extent.

Other additions to the computer: Multitasking / Gaming is my goal

  • New Processor / RAM / Motherboard (necessary to support the new Processor) – about $300
  • 2 x 1TB (Terabyte) Hard drives - $94.99 each
  • 1 TV tuner card - $90
  • Install Windows 7 (so much better than Vista) - FREE
  • New optical drive – anywhere from $30-$150

Clothes – like 2 or 3 pair of jeans

Other things on my list of eventualities / dreams:

  • A Tv (32”)
  • Xbox 360 (Forza and some other titles)
  • PS3 (Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, and more)

Comments

Popular Posts