The Trip to Dornbirn

I really couldn’t have asked for more. Here’s an excerpt from an e-mail (as requested by Mom) that I was to send when I got the chance.

“Hi all...here is an excerpt from the required e-mail to mom

I've had the tour of the place and gotten things all squared away. I actually just met up with one of the other students from Lynchburg (Nick Como) and we went out and got a bite to eat and had a beer. GORGEOUS weather here mom. I couldn't have asked for more help once I landed in Zurich. The guy (my age) that I was sitting next to on the plan was more than happy to show me where to catch the train downstairs. That all went off without a hitch. The lady there was able to get me on the train that was basically leaving as soon as I was finished paying for the ticket. I caught it and once on it and figuring out a stop or two I met a couple (young) that were also traveling to Dornbirn. They helped me make sure that my transitions were the right ones. I then met an opera singer (black guy from NYC) who was also going to Dornbirn. We struck up a conversation and things were great. Mom, he stayed with me as I told him it was my first time traveling in Europe. I did not get the creepy sense from him at all. He just wanted to make sure that I connected with the people I was suppose to. Once we arrived in Europe he gave me money to make a call to Sabine to arrange my pickup. I'm maybe 10min from the train station but none the less he stayed with me until Sabine came to pick me up. He wanted nothing in return but for me to continue my education and do my best in school while I am here in Austria. I mean it doesn't get much better than that!”

Here are pictures!

Momma bear and I 

^Momma bear

My favorite Aunt and I

^ My favorite Aunt (Aunt Linda if you’re reading this you’re definitely on the list as Favorite Aunt…this is a position that can be shared.)

It starts!

Starting my trip_plane tv map

St. Gallen train station

St. Gallen Train Station_left

St. Gallen Train Station_right

Comments

Popular Posts