Window’s Live Writer

Just installed this on to my computer. If this actually works I’ll be very impressed. I must say the preview function works great! It’s got the ability to handle multiple types of blogs while retaining the look and feel that you have for each. It is free and after installing it prompted me to enter in my information for Blogger. Easy enough. It then downloads all the necessary source code so that when you write to the specified blog, it appears just as if you were to do it from the actual website itself!

1. It’s free - http://download.live.com/writer

2. It’s from Microsoft…and lo’ and behold it works and is simple to use (so far). Unlike previous times when simple meant the exact opposite as far as Microsoft was concerned…or at least it felt that way...no, wait…it was that way…but anyways.

3.It still has the distinctive MS feel to it but it’s cleaner and things are where you would think they should be. Inserting Hyperlinks, pictures, etc is easy and readily available on the right hand side for quick reference.

4. It’s starting to give Microsoft a little edge and competitive free software that others have been offering for a while (as far as blogging goes) but we’re getting into cloud computing here and that is kind of exciting. I can explain more later on my thoughts and theories.

Comments

Popular Posts