Packing for Austria or any trip really…

Beyond the fact that both my Aunt and my Mother qualify as packing experts here are some tips and tricks that I have for those that plan on traveling.

Space is valuable…use it. You can see below that I’ve  put socks in my shoes and or anything else that can fit inside your shoe.IMG_0125

Here is one of my body washes wrapped in a plastic newspaper bag and put inside my shoe. Note the space saver bags in the background. Those definitely came in useful. The one’s I have shown here are the ones you can roll up and squeeze the air out of. I prefer the vacuum ones but they aren’t as durable.

Also, the tops to most shampoo’s/conditioners and body washes will twist off with a little force. I put saran wrap between the cap the and the body to make sure spilling wasn’t a problem.IMG_0127

I would then tie the newspaper bag around the container to make sure spilling isn’t a problem.

Other tips and tricks:

1. Weigh your bags before you get to the airport. United Airlines said no more than 50lbs per checked bag. But that varies by airline so double check.

2. Double check on the carry on size as well. For some airlines if it doesn’t fit in their little box this you are S.O.L.

 

More packing pictures for fun:IMG_0128

IMG_0130 IMG_0124

Comments

Popular Posts