Days left are counting down - Austria

So today has felt long to start. But things are starting to come together for the trip to Austria. It just hit me today that my last day is the 14th and then I’m out of here on the 18th.

My plan:

  1. Start/finish laundry (this week)
  2. Pull together clothes that are going (by this Friday)
  3. Purchase car cover (not sure when this is happening…but soon)
  4. Purchase luggage (Sat)
  5. Deposit money / checks (sometime this week)
  6. set up budget and financial meeting with my Aunt (Sat or Sun)

Things that need to be taken care of (in addition to packing):

  1. Does my phone work abroad …if not what do most people do when they do go abroad. I don’t need my whole phone book or anything. But I imagine it would be nice to have a simple phone to make calls to friends I make in Austria while I’m there
  2. Verify / fax form to graduate out-of-residence to LC
  3. Figure out how banking with Bank Of America works over there. ( I did check out their website but …i guess it might be easier to just open an account there and transfer money)
  4. The train ticket from Zurich to Dornbirn is cheap…only 42,00 Swiss Francs or about $38.00 US dollars. But how to pay for that? I can withdraw money and travel over there with Swiss Francs, pay at the window when I arrive, or order online. I’ve got to make a decision about this and I ‘m not sure what it is yet.

I will do a full write-up for future students that and how to prepare thus far for studying abroad at FHV in Austria. I will talk about the questions that I had, things I’ve had to do that were like… “Oh I didn’t know I had to do that..shit get it done,” and so on. But all is well thus far and these things are certainly expected when it’s your first time traveling outside of the states.

PACKING TIP: ready and staged. I like to stage and put everything that is going with me in a separate place. Too many times have I forgotten something because I thought I had packed it only to realize I hadn’t.

Comments

Popular Posts