Sawmill – Dinner at the Boss’s House (9.23.09)

Alright so I’ve been slacking on blog posts…but here we go. Jakob and his wife invited me to dinner at their house! Fresh bread, fresh strawberries, beer, got picked up in a Porsche, fresh potatoes…I mean the list just goes on. I got there around 6:30pm I wanna say (9.23.09) and didn’t leave until about 8:30pm / 9pm. While they don’t speak a whole lot of English they do speak enough that we are able to communicate and have a conversation! It’s fun sometimes to try and figure out what each other is saying. They are some of the nicest people I’ve ever meet! I also got to meet their daughter Andrea which was very nice! These stories all seem to tie into one another in some way shape or form. When Andrea came in I noticed she was wearing a Kraftstoff shirt. Kraftstoff is a custom mountain and race bike shop that I pass everyday on my way to school. I just mentioned to her in passing that I really liked the bike shop and that I also liked the shirt lol. It was a very nice polo! Next thing I know, she asked me what my size was and that she’d leave me one to pick up next time I was at the sawmill! You don’t find people like this everywhere, you really don’t. Alright, the tie into Kraftstoff will come later. In the meantime, take a look at the pictures below.

Let’s just take the Porsche…why not.

IMG_0802

First was some appetizers with strawberries and bread and a beer. Then came some eggs and potatoes

IMG_0803 

The food didn’t stop coming. I think it ending up being a 3 or 4 course meal! To the right of the potatoes (the foremost dish in the picture) are the eggs. You can see the soup is next (sitting just beyond the strawberries). It’s been a while since this dinner but I believe next was a nice home made cappuccino and mineral water next to that. 

IMG_0804

Alright so by this time I’ve finished the eggs and some of the potatoes (ABSOLUTLEY DELICIOUS)

And then what does his wife pull out…oh fresh cold cuts, more strawberries and to put things over the top home made applestruddle. That’s right, with fresh apples, fresh pastry mix, and confectioners sugar..I was in heaven.

IMG_0808 

IMG_0807 

I was sure to thank them and we had a great conversation and just over all a lot of fun really. I enjoy speaking and learning from them. You’ll see my thank you gifts later (that’s another post coming up).

Comments

Popular Posts