Frankfurt Trip [Part 1] – Travelling and arriving in Frankfurt

Don’t go party the night before you have to travel…my head was killing me the ENTIRE journey. I felt like someone had hit me with a wrecking ball. Yea we’re going to skip the hammer and sledge hammer and go straight for the wrecking ball analogy. Okay, now for 6 hours of running and traveling. Let’s do it baby!

9am – Comes way to early and Ryan and Eric are knocking at my door

9:30am – I’ve been hit with a colorful assortment of wrecking balls and am now running to the train station to catch the train…we are off to a good start but I have faith in Ryan…he’s a traveling expert. Just pissed that I’m running already…and my ankle, lack of water / sleep is not helping my situation. This will be the last time I go out before a big trip. So after several hours of travel we arrive at Heidelberg!

Heidelberg

So my friend Ryan Saunders (while we were at the train stop in Heidelberg) decided to take a look outside the train station just to see what things were like. I think we had a few minutes (few being relative since we’ve been running for trains the entire day trying to make the 6hr journey a little less). He comes back to us with a little smirk on his face, “Hey guys I just took a look outside and I got a good feeling about this place….let’s hang out here for a little while, see what there is, and catch a later train.” For one my ankle, since I sprained it playing soccer,  has been killing me the entire time. I still need to get it looked at to make sure everything is okay but for this trip I definitely wasn’t at 100%…making me the frustrating “slow” person. So, I was more than up for hanging out and just chillin somewhere for a little bit. And that’s exactly what we did. We found out that there’s a pretty cool castle with an even cooler view in Heidelberg. Perfect weather, gorgeous view, I was happy.

  <—picture album just click 

Frankfurt – Red Light District

…that’s right baby

Frankfurt_Red Light District

So our hostel, the 5 Elements Hostel, was conveniently located right in the middle of the Red Light district in Frankfurt. It’s actually an extremely nice hostel.

5 Elements Hostel_Outside

Disclaimer from the 5 Elements Hostel:

! IMPORTANT NOTE !
YES WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE REDLIGHT DISTRICT.
And we can assure you that it is not dangerous, in fact most of our guests think it's rather funny, check the ratings.

Ryan and Eric who went with me on this trip and have traveled far more than I have said this is by far the nicest hostel they’ve stayed in. The fact that it is in the red light district is just fun. At no point did we have the “I don’t feel safe here” feeling. It was more comical than anything else. As you walk down the streets the guys try to get you in…everyone’s name was conveniently Jimmy lol or some variation there of. They were quick to want to be your best friends and offered a free beer, yeaaa but we know better. It didn’t stop it from being funny though lol. The staff, service, and sleeping

(This is just one of the rooms you can get…not ours, we stayed in an 8 person room…but linens and everything else were great)

quarters were very nice! I would definitely stay there again without hesitation. We even got free breakfast (fresh sandwich meats, breads, cereals, drinks, etc for the two days we were there because the elevator was out. There was free W-LAN, nice showers and restrooms (which can be important when you’re traveling) and more.

Comments

Popular Posts