Kraftstoff – Custom Bikes / It’s a small world (9.24.09)

“Comments are welcome!  To leave comments click the title (above). Here you will be able to leave comments at the bottom. You do not have to have an account to leave comments.” – Tyler

Kraftstoff_Jump

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I got the hook up. Andrea delivered with the shirt the next day after I met her at dinner! Click here to read the post where this whole t-shirt thing got started.

IMG_2068

Now, I thought she just worked for Kraftstoff, but no…she’s married to the owner of Kraftstoff, Oliver. I should note that the bike shop is literally right next to the sawmill. That Andrea is a top female motocross rider in her class and that the two kids Jakob and Elisa are also riding Kraftstoff bikes…naturally.

I had stopped in the shop a week or so before just to browse around. I pass by the shop everyday to school like I had mentioned…and anything custom or unique tends to catch my eye. Especially when it’s something like bikes, cars, etc. I just chatted with with JÜRGEN I believe it was and he showed me some of the bikes as well as gave me one of their hardback catalogues. The bikes in this shop range anywhere from 350 Euro – about 6,000 Euro. Remember the 1 Euro is about $1.42 US Dollars. So, yea these bikes are nice to say the least. Some have all carbon fiber frames. They do road race bikes, downhill mountain bikes, hard and soft tail bikes, and bikes with full suspensions. Among these there are all sorts of variations that covers the entire line of what someone might be looking for in a bike. They also do BMX bikes. Check out some pictures below.

Click here to view hi-res pictures on their site. But just to give you an idea of the caliber of bikes they produce, click the image for full size.

D1 Evo

d1evo

F1 Light

f1light

R1 Evo

r1evo

X1 Evo

x1evo

 

What I didn’t know was that Oliver the owner of the company actually designs these bikes himself. I mean if you look at the construction, fabrication, and thoughtfulness that goes into these bikes you can definitely tell there is some serious thought and expertise that goes into building these bikes. All of the CAD, design, and building is done in house at Kraftstoff, very very cool stuff.

Here are some pictures of the Kraftstoff Crew and myself hanging out. This is an annual event for them where all customers are invited for free beer, food, and a chance to socialize and just hang out. I was there on Thursday I think…and very early at that hence why there was not that many people there. When I walked in with Mattias (Mattias, Andrea, and Bernt are all siblings) Oliver threw me another shirt! I told him I already got one from Andrea the previous day (or earlier that day…I can’t remember the timeline exactly. But he insisted that I keep it anyways. So, I will give one to Mose when he comes to visit.

IMG_0818 IMG_0817 IMG_0820 IMG_0814 IMG_0816

Comments

Popular Posts