Visiting Riss in Salzburg!!

Riss and I have been trying to find a way to get together here in Europe. I mean how hard can it be right? Well all the plane tickets from either here to Belgium or from Antwerp, Belgium to Austria are in the 300 Euro range which is a bit much especially since it’d be for a day or two at most due to our schedules. Buttt we found a way! She was in Salzburg for a few days this week and actually today just left for Munich. So, after class on Thursday I packed up and headed to Salzburg. It turned out to be about 4.5hrs or so to get into Salzburg, and the trip was gorgeous. I mean the mountains…I couldn’t even take pictures because they don’t do it justice. It’s just one of those things you have to see. Got a little sleep on the train because I didn’t have to make many transfers etc.

FINALLY got my “VORTEILScard” which is a must have if you’re studying in Austria.

It’s just one of those things you get. It gives some serious discounts. So my trip that was going to cost me 100 Euro ended up costing me…well…about half that. It ended up being more than half this time because I paid for the actual Volteils Card (20 Euro). But it would have been a little more than 100 euro and with the VORTEILS card it cost around 54 round trip. So on we go!

Arriving!

4hrs a nice, brisk…but very cold walk later!

IMG_2074 

We meet at the Burger King right outside the Salzburg Hbf station. Fast food restaurants are definitely different over here. I saw a number of business people grabbing a bite to eat. So, I waited for a few minutes as she and her friend were on their way back from visiting the Ice Caves. And there she is!!!! So we meet up and chat for a minute and then start walking back to the hotel. That was a VERY cold walk. I wasn’t feeling it too bad but Riss and her friend (I remember your name…just don’t want mess up the spelling lol) were freezing.

So we get to the hotel and I’m introduced to friends etc and then shortly there after the stories start coming. Chris, had started this story about some figment named “Brett.” And everyone was chiming in. We were headed out to the beerhouse but Brett ended up getting separated from the group. Lol and by the sounds of the story this wasn’t the first time. So, everyone’s like, “I don’t know where the hell he is, etc.” Not worried that some things happened…he always comes back in one piece but it’s just like okay…again…really lol. But they got love for the guy so it was cool. So, we’re all laughing, Brett doesn’t have any minutes left on the phone so he can’t call and we definitely know he’s lost. So we send him a text and get one back IMG_2086that he’s finally here at the hotel. We go down stairs and we just have to hear the story of what happened from the man himself.

 

 

 

 

THE STORY

    

biker_falling_sign.thumb I felt like I was meeting an epic character or something out of a novel lol…like “this” guy. He really is a cool dude. But anyways, I can’t tell if he was on a bike or not at this point but a woman came riding up behind him and didn’t ring her “bell thingy” – to quote Brett. It’s at this time that he’s scared out of his mind, doesn’t know what’s going on behind him. (okay I remember now he is riding his bike) she puts her tire right into the back side of his causing him to loose balance. He throws his arm out, out of instinct, just trying to regain control but it’s no use. The woman eats it and goes straight into a store front window! I don’t know why this is funny but it is. He ends up falling as well …almost into the street but luckily was able to not have this epic adventure end up with a hospital type ending.

It’s just him, Brett, that makes the story funny. He’s one of those guys that you know stuff happens to, he takes it well, it’s funny to others, and no one gets hurt. He apologizes to the lady…even though it was her fault (she basically took his back tire out without warning) but she didn’t really speak German. So I think there was a mutual understanding here and they went on about their way. Well, she did, he eventually had to figure out where the hell he was and how to get back.

 

Bierhaus – With Riss and 30 some odd other JMU students (at one pt)

IMG_2082

All in all I had a great time and the trip was well worth it! Gorgeous scenery, getting to see my sister, and some good laughs and good times had by all. Thanks JMU.

You can view the album and rest of the pictures here.

Comments

Popular Posts