In the News (Vol.at)

A little earlier this month I received an e-mail from Sabine asking if I wanted to take part in an interview. The interview was being done on international students studying here in Vorarlberg. I just happen to check my FHV e-mail account and saw the e-mail. So, I replied saying sure I wouldn’t mind helping (what I thought to be) a fellow student out. The next day (12.2.09) they came to the classroom and video taped us in class to see what the learning environment and class setting was like. Then at noon I was interviewed. I had NO CLUE that this was the news channel for all of Vorarlberg. But it turns out that it was. My friend Phillip posted up the link he found on the Vol.at website. I was like, “Say what!” It was on the front page of the website for a while to my surprise lol. But none the less here is the link.

Click the picture to go to the page. The video is near the bottom with the story above it.

Tyler in the news_Video screen shot

The basic questions were:

The basics, what’s my name, where am I from, how long have I been here in Vorarlberg, what brought me here and how did I chose this particular place and school to study, what is one big difference that I’ve noticed? Those are the main questions that I remember! But, yea it is wild to see myself on the news. Apparently, many of the students here and people.

Below is a rough translation provided by Google Translator:

Tyler Cookson comes from the USA and at the University of Applied Sciences in Dornbirn spends a semester abroad. He already knows the cart, which he pronounces Carrrrren "and would like to go) (still in Moorrrrenbraumusem Mohrenbräumuseum before having to leave again.


Laura Kirjonen loves the "mountain" in Vorarlberg. Tyler and Laura are among the 58 visiting students who currently attend the University of Applied Sciences Dornbirn a semester abroad.Most visiting students - a total of 13 - to come this semester from the U.S. as Tyler. Finland is close behind with eleven students. From Sweden, Germany and Turkey are each five students.Three students are from Spain and from Mexico. The remaining countries of origin are Austria, Belgium, Slovakia, Bulgaria, the Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Australia and Korea.


When asked whether he might Vorarlberg, Tyler replied fervently, "I love Vorarlberg" Here he has now met several families who regularly invite him to dinner.
Laura likes it so well in Vorarlberg, because the people here can speak High German, when asked why: "The Vorarlberg dialect is difficult for me unfortunately. But people also speak High German, and this is perfect! "

 

Comments

Popular Posts