Upgrades @ Pavi – In search of the Green Cellophane

Alright, so I was looking around the other day at Pavi and noticed something. First off, the place is called Gruener (or Green) Pavilion. But how many green lights are down stairs? The answer to that question is 2…which for me definitely wasn’t enough. I mean green is a cool color and some places were in need of love.

Anyways, the epic adventure started one night while I was bored (before the people arrived…around 11:30 or 12am is when it gets going) and decided to try and find some cellophane. Well, they did have cellophane there but it was red. Now, the lights in Conrad Sohm (the club that just about everyone goes to after this club) are red for the bar. And after retro-fitting the lights…while it was cool for the night…I just wasn’t feeling it. The red cellophane was too dark, especially for the lights behind the bar where it’s definitely important to be able to see what you’re doing.

So, I said to myself…okay, how hard can green cellophane be to find? I mean really? Well just about impossible is the answer. I spent over well over 3 hours searching all (literally) of Dornbirn for green cellophane with no luck. Places had clear cellophane and that’s about it. I checked the post office where they usually have gift wrapping supplies, especially around this time of year…but to no avail. Okay, so anyone in the post office know where I might be able to find some green cellophane - “Hey, you might want to try the Sütterluty.” Okay cool, it’s like 10 meters from the post office…oh but wait…no luck. Okay, so where else near the center of Dornbirn can I check. Again I asked around and found that there is an art supply store and a Skribo up the street.

The art supply store, I believe, is pretty self explanatory..but if you are still finding yourself in need of clarification feel free to post a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible. The Skribo on the other hand is a legit question. Skribo is basically one big craft store and was maybe 200m from the train station (where the post office and Sütterluty were). So, okay…no worries I’ll just hop over there and they HAVE to have some right? No, wrong again. Okay, maybe the art store? Nope.

My father always enjoyed challenges like this and when I was young would always tell me that whatever “it” was..usually an inanimate object…just hadn’t learned to not mess with a Cookson yet. I too enjoy challenges and problem solving and this was definitely turning into one of my fathers famous journeys. Okay so far we’ve eliminated:

  1. The post office
  2. The Sütterluty
  3. Skribo – the craft store
  4. An art place (technical term)

The next suggestion I got was to try a huge store almost like Home Depot or Lowes…but I think bigger (two floors) called Mega bauMax. But in order to get there I needed to catch a bus to the Messepark. Have I been there before..no. Do I know how the bus system works here…no. So, alright let’s do it. Fifteen minutes later I’m in the Messepark and see my beacon, the Mega bauMax. As I get closer, I’m feeling pretty good about the store. I can see just about everything you could possibly want. Industrial saws, concrete mix (just what you wanted right?), lumber, crafts (yes crafts), Christmas decorations, lighting, tile, kitchen appliances…the list goes on.

So I drop my backpack off to the cute girl at the information desk. I really don’t feel like lugging my backpack with my laptop and what not all around the store. I ask her where I might find green cellophane and she points me towards the Christmas decorations. I’m thinking, “Okay, cool …this place looks like it’s got variety and I feel like I’m shopping with my mom and my Aunt for art / craft supplies or decorating “things” in general.” Anyways, I’m in my comfort zone and stroll over and find …yea…clear cellophane. Great. Alright so problem solving mode kicks in…look for items that are packaged in green transparent plastic.

I searched the entire store top to bottom with no luck. I make my way back down to the cute girl at the information desk and ask where else in the Messepark I might find green cellophane. She points me to the International Eurospar located a few hundred meters away. So I traverse traffic and make it alive only to find…clear cellophane…my arch enemy.

Think Tyler…think, is what I’m telling myself. “Oh! Flower shops sometimes have different cellophane that they wrap flowers in, alright let’s try there.” Nope. And that was a nope for all the other potential art / craft / decorating stores within the mall there in the Messepark. Feeling a little defeated I head back home to recoup and try again tomorrow.

I visit Pavi and tell of my search and near defeat. They name stores and I’m checking them all off..yup been there…been there…been there.

My business plan development group had a presentation on (you guessed it…our business plan) on Thursday this past week. After this as a little celebration the girls wanted to grab a glass of wine and head to a new market place opening in the Marktplatz. We’re wondering around looking for various things. My friend Alina is looking for Pokémon while Bianca, Claire, and myself are just browsing. The new market place is like a mini mall…it has clothing stores and more. The girls wanted to help me find the cellophane as I had told them of my journey’s, so they said lets check the Libro. And we finally…finally found green cellophane!!!!

IMG_2442 IMG_2443 IMG_2444

I left some lights clear for light and also made sure that the lights don’t get so hot that they melt the cellophane. So far so good! I also wrapped lights that you see as soon as you come down the stairs. So the first thing you see when you enter and turn is the green glow that casts down on the floor as you make your way towards the bar. I’ll have to get some pictures of this.

Comments

Cellophane Wrap said…
Wow!!.. That's a good idea to use cellophane to change the light into green. It can change the feeling of the bar.
Tyler tc. said…
And it definitely did! I mean it was only appropriate since the bar's name was The Green Pavilion :)

Popular Posts