Auto Tuning Center (ATC) Car Show – Röthis

When: Saturday 9/12/2009

Where: ÖAMTC Fahrsicherheitszentrum, Röthis

What: Car Show

^ I’ve gotta figure out why it’s doing spacing like that…it’s getting annoying and taking up room, but anyways! On to the car show!

IMG_0649

Click the picture and it will take you to the album

Just got back from the car show, it really wasn’t that bad. I think we left here around 1:30 or so. It is only a 20min train ride and a brief walk to get to the place.

I’m going to try and start including maps with my posts so people can see where stuff is!

Map picture

 

They had a small track and had cars lined up doing the 100yard dash. It wasn’t a massive event, I would say there was probably 40-50 cars or so. But it was cool to see some of the European tuning scene. I grew up reading EuroTuner and the sorts. My friends and I used to be big into the VW/BMW/Euro tuning scene. But anyways, they had some cool go carts spiced up with motorcycle engines. A skyline showed up (the new GTR) towards when we were leaving along with a decent showing of Subaru’s.

I’ve seen bigger, the VA Drag meets in Northern Virginia hold about 500+ cars…and that’s just a forum that has hosted the event…not heavily publicized or anything. None the less, they did have live chip tuning and dyno. They didn’t have many hardcore cars which are the type I like. A lot of show and no go but an Evo 8 there did have a full cage, HKS front mount intercooler, GT3076 upgrade, nice seats, harnesses etc. I talked with him briefly and he told me he’d just finished tuning and was just out to have some fun and see how things went. He pulled off the fastest time of about 4seconds for 100 yards.

Two of the more hardcore tuned cars there:

EVO 8

IMG_0707

Twin Turbo rear wheel drive Gti (See more here)

IMG_0648

Comments

Popular Posts