Thoughts 09.01.2009 (They do dates differently here)

  1. It’s much easier to open a bank account here in Austria. The student checking account is free. I then will use this to transfer money to the landlord.
    1. I took money from the ATM and had the people at the bank deposit it to my account and then make the transfer…much easier and ensured that everything was correct!
  2. DO NOT: Use the money exchanges you see in the airports, unless you really have to. Reason being:
    1. I was able to pay for my train ticket in Switzerland (Francs) using my credit card.
    2. That the Sparkasse here in Dornbirn will exchange your US dollars for Euro’s for free.
  3. What “Next Stop” is in German…comes in handy when you’re on the train.  --> nächstehalt
  4. To bring another pair of sheets and towel. There is a river really close to the International Dorm and the school for that matter that is PERFECT for cooling off in.

I’m sure there are more! I will be sure to update more as they come. I really do plan to consolidate all of what I learned into some easier to read posts. I just wanted to get these out there while I was thinking about it…and publish it to make me feel like I’ve accomplished something other than class today lol.

Comments

Popular Posts