Saw Mill 9.23.09 & More

Spent some more time at the saw mill today. I’ve got projects that I’m working on (my own) that I want to see completed. Some are coming along well though. The downstairs portion of the sawmill is looking much better.

All the built up sawdust on the sides really can make it difficult to get a good footing on your way down. So this was a nice fairly quick project that has been completed. Although dust continues to build daily it’s not has bad anymore.

 IMG_0732

This has all pretty much been cleaned in and around the machine.

IMG_0733

Just a little sawdust (seriously)

IMG_0735

It is looking better though:

IMG_0739

Even the floor supporting beams and floor are getting cleaned slowly but surely.

IMG_0783

More pictures to come…somehow I always remember to take before pictures but never after…gotta work on that.

Oh! And came outside today and here was this a de-barking machine. What it does it takes the raw timber as it has arrived from the forest and basically puts it through a drum that has rotating teeth that scrapes the bark right off.

Here is a close up of what one looks like. The one I saw was portable.

 

This is the one that was outside! I wish I could have seen it at work!

IMG_0784IMG_0786

IMG_0787

Comments

Popular Posts